Today’s Sunday Upgrade features a stalwart on the blueline for the Chinese Women’s National Team, Xueting Qi aka “Snow” (@snow.qi 🇨🇳). Please read my prior feature on Snow, who was the captain of the first @whl_ru championship @kunlunredstar team and will be representing her country in the 2022 Beijing Olympics.
Qi Xueting @snow.qi
1. “Snow” is a veteran Chinese defender from Harbin.
2. Her role model was former captain Linuo Wang, who was previously featured.
3. Qi was a fixture on Team China’s World Championship and tournament teams from 2003 through 2015. In 2009, she was the most penalized player with 35 PIMs in 4 games. In 2010, she played for China in the Olympics. She also captured a Silver in 2012 and a Bronze in the 2015 D1B World Championships.
4. Snow stepped away from playing in 2015 and spent time coaching the Chinese women’s U-18 team.
5. She returned to play in 2019-2020 for the @kunlunredstar, a team she captained to the first @whl_ru championship and played in the All-Star Game. Qi’s veteran presence and steady defense make her another lock for the 2022 Olympics, which will likely be her last tournament after a distinguished hockey career.