Brendan Lee @brend9nlee -
1. Brendan is a Chinese American skilled forward from Seattle.
2. His great grandfather, Key Lock, immigrated from China in the 1920s and served in the U.S. Army during World War II (as an aside, I can relate, as this is similar to my Chinese-American grandfather, who was the son of immigrants and born and raised in Central California. He served in the U.S. Army Air Corps in World War II and the Korean War, while my Japanese-American grandmother was interned in Mazanaar. It’s always important to pay tribute to these often forgotten heroes.).
3. Brendan began skating at the age of 2 and grew up attending @everett_silvertips games.
4. Brendan excelled in the @seattlejrhockey. He moved on to the @okanaganhockey, @colorado.thunderbirds, and skating in @usntdp camps before signing with the @everett_silvertips. He’s in his second season with the team.
5. Brendan is eloquent and mature beyond his years. He was interviewed by the @seattletimes, where he expressed a desire to serve as a positive role Asian-American role model amid the recent anti-Asian attacks: “[W]ith the platform I have, I think I can be an influencer. Maybe have somebody look up to me that’s a kid, who can see an American Asian playing hockey — and that it’s a kid from Seattle.” Brendan’s maturity and understanding of the role he can play in society show he is destined for great things, in hockey and beyond. Good luck to this, kid; I’ll be following!