Here’s Part 2 of the Imoos, Jonah Imoo @jonahimoo -
1. Jonah was a Japanese Canadian goalie born in Surrey.
2. As a youth, he achieved success in hockey at various levels. In 2012-13, he was the starting goaltender for Team Canada West at the World Junior A Challenge. In 4 games, he recorded a 2.24 GAA and a .918 SV%, leading his team to the silver medal. He was also given top goalie honors for the tournament.
3. Jonah went on to play 3 years in the @bchl_official for the @bchlkings and @bchlcentennials from 2012-2015, accumulating 60 wins. Then, he played pro from 2015-18, which included stints in the @echlhockey with the @monarchshockey, @indyfuel, @solarbearshockey, and @tulsaoilershockey, as well as the @theahl with the @ontarioreignhockey and @uticacomets.
4. On October 22, 2016, Jonah and his dad, @dustyimoo70, made history when the Reign were plagued with goalie injuries. Jonah was called up to tend the net, and Dusty was signed to an amateur contract to back him up. They became the first father-son goalie tandem in a game, as well as the first father-son duo to make their AHL debuts together. This was a special moment for both of them!
5. Jonah is an accomplished artist who hand paints customized shoes on his Instagram account. Be sure to check his work out!
Thanks, Jonah, for the beautiful autograph. Love the silver!