Juncheng Yan @edwardjcyan88 -
1. Juncheng “Eddie” Yan is a Chinese forward.
2. He began playing hockey at the age of 5 in China. Because hockey gear was in short supply, his parents would ask friends to bring gear back from their North American travels for Eddie.
3. When he left China for Toronto, he knew no English but brought his 2015-2016 @penguins Championship DVD with him, as he idolized Sidney Crosby.
4. Eddie played AAA hockey in Canada and earned a spot on the @victoriagrizzlies of the BCHL, where he has played since 2018.
5. Eddie has excelled in international play, having won a Gold medal and being the tournaments top scorer with Team China in the 2018-2019 Division 3 World Junior Championships, as well as a Bronze on the Division 2B World Junior Championships in 2019-2020. Eddie will be a candidate for the 2022 Olympic team and, given all that he’s sacrificed for hockey, let’s hope he gets there.