Another revision of my first posts. This is Justin Woods @justinwoods8 -
1. Justin is a big tough, Japanese American defenseman from Fairbanks, Alaska.
2. After playing high school hockey in Alaska and AAA hockey in Southern California, his junior career began back at home with the @fairbanksicedogs of the @nahlhockey in 2011-12, where he recorded 14 points in 54 games. The following season, he suited up for the @ushl @officiallincolnstars, where he notched 18 points in 57 games.
3. Justin then returned to Alaska to attend college and play at the @uaf_2025 in 2013. After a successful rookie season, tragedy struck as Justin was diagnosed with Ewing’s Sarcoma, a rare and deadly form of cancer. Unfortunately, he was unable to participate in the @nhljets development camp while he was undergoing cancer treatment.
4. With hard work and his faith in God, Justin was able to beat cancer and return to the ice in 2015. He played 3 more years for the Nanooks and captained the team during his final season. He finished with 47 points in 133 career @ncaaicehockey games.
5. After graduating from college, Justin turned pro and played in the @echlhockey for the @jaxicemen and the @kcmavericks. He consistently put up impressive numbers in the Coast (57 points in 107 games), which earned him frequent call ups to the @theahl with the @manitobamoose and @rocketlaval.
Justin’s perseverance and faith through the toughest of times are admirable and remarkable! He is truly a special player.