Matt Kang @mattkang17 -
1. Matt was a highly skilled and electric Korean Canadian left winger from Toronto who began playing hockey at 9.
2. Highly touted as a youth, he was drafted 62nd overall in the 2004 @ohlofficial Draft and began playing for the @attackohl as a teenager. He scored 5 points in his first 8 games in 2004-05.
3. Matt went on to play 5 full seasons in the OHL split between the Attack, the @kingstonfrontsohl, and the @bramptonbattalion. He finished his junior career with 205 points in 270 games.
4. Matt went undrafted by an NHL but started his pro career in the @echlhockey. Severe concussions halted his career, as he was limited to 53 games over two seasons with the @wranglerslv, Johnstown Chiefs, and Trenton Devils. He was never able to fully recover from his injuries and only played 4 games for the Devils in 2010-11 (but still recorded 3 assists). He retired that season at the young age of 22 due to the concussion effects.
5. With the loss of his hockey career but still having the burning desire to compete as a pro athlete, Matt took up golf at the urging of his father. Matt is now a PGA golfer and living the good life, traveling the world and playing at some of the most beautiful courses in the world! I’d host a golf showdown between Matt and another golfing titan who was featured before, @kylemcmurphy10, at the @terranearesort! Offer is open!