Han Pengfei @pengfei_han –
1. Pengfei is a veteran Chinese goalie from Qiqihar. He attended Ermalu Primary School, which fostered many Chinese hockey players and attracted Pengfei to the game at the age of 8. His parents did not want him to play hockey because they believed it would adversely affect his studies, but one of his teachers convinced them to give Pengfei a chance.
2. He made his international debut in 2006 as a 15-year old when he tended the net for China’s @iihfhockey D3 U-18 World Junior Championship team for 5 games and won a Silver medal.
3. After frequently representing his home country in international tournaments, he made his pro debut in 2010 playing for the China Dragon of the Asia League. He played 4 seasons with the Dragon before moving to the @krschinaorganization.
4. In 2021-22, Pengfei played for the Red Star and became the first Chinese-born goaltender to start a game in the @khl. He stopped 37 of 40 shots that game.
5. This season, Pengfei experienced the opportunity of a lifetime by being named on China’s Olympic roster and then winning a D2A Gold medal at the World Championships. Pengfei is also a family man whose three young children are following their dad’s footsteps in excelling on the ice (figure skating and hockey).