Here’s an autographed upgrade for Yang “Sam” Hu @sammyhu_-
1. Sammy is a talented Chinese forward from Guangzhou, China.
2. He spent his junior career in Canada. Sam played 4 seasons in the @ojhlofficial from 2013-17, leading the @canesojhl in scoring in 2014-15 (43 points in 52 games) and being named the league’s Scholastic Player of the Year, as he maintained a 92% average over four years of high school, while also competing in hockey and rugby, where he was part of a York Region championship club.
3. In 2017, Sammy moved to China to play for the @krschina organization, where he was a consistent offensive force. Notably, in 2019-20, he captained the @krs_bsu_vhl team and led them in scoring with 29 points in 54 games.
4. This season, Sammy played in the @khl for the Red Star, recording 2 points with limited ice time. However, he was released by the team after 20 games. He finished last season off with @mshockeyelite in Norway, garnering 2 assists in 15 games.
5. Sammy was the victim of an unfortunate incident this past season in the @khl when he was involved in an altercation with Stas Petrosyan, who made a “slant eyes” gesture toward Sammy. For what it’s worth, Petrosyan made a public apology after the game.
I am honored that a guy like Sammy follows the account, and his personal note accompanying the autographed card exemplifies what a great ambassador for Asian hockey players he is.