Austin Lee -
1. Austin “The Great Wall” Lee was a Chinese American goalie who grew up in Bloomington, Minnesota (but was born in Carbondale, Illinois). Aside from hockey, he enjoys playing golf, chess, and the cello.
2. He was a highly accomplished goalie in his youth, winning several awards, including the Frank Brimsek Award (top high school goalie honors in Minnesota) and the Jefferson High School Athlete of the Year in the 2005-2006 season.
3. After a successful year in the @nahlhockey, Austin played four years at @msumaverickshockey. In college, Austin did an exceptional job balancing hockey with his studies. A typical day in college started with a warm-up run with his team and lifting weights before jogging to morning classes. After classes, he practiced on the ice, then reviewed game videos. At the end of the day, he went to his night classes and then studied at the library until it closed. His tireless efforts resulted in his being presented with 4 @wcha_mhockey All-Academic and 4 @wcha_mhockey Scholar-Athlete awards. Austin graduated with a 3.91 GPA, double majoring in History and Economics, and minoring in Math.
4. After college, Austin played a season in the CHL with the Missouri Mavericks and @thesphl with the Augusta Riverhawks before retiring from competitive hockey in 2013.
5. He went on to attend @stanfordlawschool and is now a successful Associate General Counsel (good career path for former hockey players!) for a real estate investment firm.