Here’s an upgraded card, as I couldn’t pass up buying it for the unique and gorgeous “chunk” or patch. Josh Ho-Sang @66jhosang -
1. Josh is an offensively gifted winger of Chinese, Jamaican, Russian, and Swedish heritage. He was born in Toronto.
2. As a youth, he was a highly touted prospect and selected 5th overall by the @windsorspitfireshockey in the 2012 @ohlofficial Entry and simply dominated the league with 292 points in 256 games over 4 seasons.
3. There were reports that Josh’s personality frequently clashed with authority, but the @ny_islanders recognized his sheer talent and drafted him 28th overall in the 2014 @nhl Entry Draft.
4. His early NHL career was marked with controversy, however. He missed the first day of the Islanders’ training camp when he overslept and he was immediately returned to juniors. When he finally received a shot to play in the Show, he wore #66 (the same number he donned in juniors), which was viewed as disrespectful to @mariolemieuxfdn. For what it’s worth, Josh explained he wore #66 as a tribute to Super Mario; Mario indicated he had no issue with Josh’s choice. Eventually, he had to change to #26 because his former number violated Lou Lamoriello’s policy of players wearing jersey numbers between 2 and 30. He requested a trade from the Isles, but no trade ever came to fruition. Still, Josh did not get much of a chance in the big league and has only played 53 career games (and scored 24 points with limited ice time).
5. After being cut by the Islanders, Josh was passed on by other teams. In 2020, Josh penned a thoughtful essay about how he’s matured as a human being and was ready to play. His hometown team, the @mapleleafs, decided to sign him. Josh candidly stated that he’d play in any position and league the Leafs wanted him to, and he’s been showcasing his intriguing skills in the @theahl, with 17 points in 23 games for the @torontomarlies. He is also reportedly in consideration for a Canadian Olympic team spot. As you know from my prior post, I openly hoped Josh would get another chance, so let’s push for continued success with the Marlies, Leafs, and, possibly, Team 🇨🇦!