Reagan Rust @rea.rust –
1. Reagan is a talented and versatile Filipina American forward and defender from Southaven, Mississippi. Growing up, the closest rink was a 3-hour drive. Reagan had already aspired to play college hockey for @harvardwomenshockey and becoming a brain surgeon, so she eventually relocated to play minor hockey for the @pghpenselite programs. Her best season occurred in 2014-15 playing for the U-19s, where she tallied 38 points in 55 games.
2. In 2015, Reagan purportedly became the first Mississippi native to play @ncaaicehockey Division I women’s hockey when she suited up for the @ritwhky. In her freshman season, she tallied 18 points in 35 games; she was also named to the CHA All-Rookie team. She followed that up with a solid sophomore season for the Tigers, recording 14 points in 34 games.
3. Reagan then transferred to @terrierwhockey, where she played for two seasons, scoring 31 points in 74 games, while serving as a captain during her senior year. Reagan was a member of the 41st Women’s Beanpot championship team in 2019, and she was inducted into the Beanpot Hall of Fame in 2020.
4. After college, Reagan played professionally in Sweden for @aikishockey, recording 8 points in 35 games in 2021-22.
5. Reagan is an avid mental health advocate who strives to empower female athletes in all aspects of life. To this end, she is the host of a podcast, Unpaved Path, the founder of the Female Athlete Society, and she will be a coach for the Los Angeles Lions minor hockey organization this year.