Here’s a revised bio for Yuki Miura @yukimiura36 -
1. Yuki is a responsible, two-way Japanese forward from Tokyo. He’s the son of Takayuki Miura, a defenseman who played for Team Japan in the 1998 Olympics and enjoyed a 10-year pro career playing for the Seibu Bears.
2. Yuki lit up the scoreboard in the Czech Republic before joining the @waterlooblackhawks in 2016-17. He notched 17 points in 53 games despite knowing very little English at the time (he learned the language from teammates) and having to adjust to a smaller rink.
3. Yuki then enrolled to play for @lakestateu. His college career got off to a rocky start with a one year suspension for violating @ncaaicehockey rules because he previously played four games of pro in the Czech league. After his suspension, Yuki tallied 29 points over 4 seasons with the Lakers and won a @wcha_mhockey championship.
4. Internationally, Yuki has represented Japan in two D1B World Championships, where he captured both a Silver and Bronze medal.
5. Yuki is now in the @echlhockey playing for the @goheartlanders, where he’s recorded 10 points in 14 games. Yuki also aims to be a hockey ambassador for Japan through his social media accounts. He’s stated: “I want to be the guy that leads Japanese ice hockey. What I’m doing is posting on social media, like how to learn hockey skills, how to pass, how to shoot like this. So, I think it helps me. I made 40 or 50 videos and posted it on my YouTube, Twitter, sometimes Instagram. I feel like it’s my responsibility because I’m playing at that level.”