1. Yusuke is a smooth skating, puck moving Japanese defenseman from Tomakomai. His father, Takayuki, played professional hockey in the Asia League and introduced Yusuke to the game when he was 3 years old. Yusuke idolized legendary @detroitredwings defenseman Nicklas Lidstrom as a young fan.
2. While attending Komazawa Tomakomai High School, Yusuke took part in his first international tournament in 2013 when he suited up for Team Japan in the @iihfhockey D1B World Junior Championships. He notched 3 points in 5 games. Since then, Yusuke has won 2 Silver, a Bronze, and a Gold Medal in World Junior Championship play.
3. Yusuke went pro and has played with the @redeagleshokkaido since 2017. Over 70 career Asia League games, he has accumulated 13 points.
4. While playing for the Eagles, Yusuke was teammates with former NHLer Stephane Veillieux. Stephane made a call and arranged for Yusuke to attend the @minnesotawild training camp in 2017.
5. This past year, Yusuke was part of Japan’s Silver medal D1B World Championship team.